Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm in hot water now!

Yes, I am! And I mean it in the literal sense! 

Since I moved into my Villa this past January, I have been starring longingly at my hot water tank. The bloody thing didn't work, and I couldn't figure out why. A few weeks ago, after a frustratingly cold shower (yet again), I did a little investigation... I pulled on the wires and noticed they weren't connected to the tank!

In Burkina, you get things done by talking to someone, who knows someone, who can call someone that has a nephew or a cousin or some other distant relative, that knows an electrician. In this case, it was Helen, another volunteer, from England, that hooked me up with one her peeps. Had I known she would be sending me the sexiest electrician I have ever seen, I would have asked her a long time ago! This guy was calendar material. Yummeh... anyhooo.

Too make a long story short... Stéphane the electrician spent 3 hours in my house rewiring the breaker, the hot water tank, testing, replacing bits and pieces, and I HAVE HOT WATER.

It's a little crazy just how freaking over the moon I am over this luxury. Hot water is definitely not something everyone has access too, unless you heat it over a fire pit that is. Ever since the rainy season has hit us, the temperature has been declining, and my now acclimatised body was having a hard time dealing with the freezing cold water that spit out of my shower every  morning. In the wise words of George Costanza from Seinfeld: "Shrinkage!"

So, as I sit here, comfortably, clean as a whistle and fresh out of my first hot shower in MONTHS, I am bubbling with joy. Seriously, I am ridiculously excited about this. I am infact so happy, I just sent a txt message to all my peeps in Bobo to share the news. 

HOT WATER! I AM IN HOT WATER! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment