Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sometimes... no matter how hard you try, you can't make lemonade with lemons.

I have been in Ouagadougou since Friday. So thats 3 days, since I got in pretty early on Friday. I was too excited to come get my brother at the airport... well.. He was supposed to fly in from Paris... doesn't look like thats gonna happen anytime soon. *sigh* I have been looking forward to his visit since I got here. I can't tell you how much I needed to have someone familiar around. Someone who understands where I am from, who understands how I think. Someone who is bringing me Tim Horton's coffee! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am so frustrated / disapointed, I have not left the hotel since friday night. I went out for diner with some VSO peeps, and that was it. Have not left. I just sit here and check the news online and watch people swim around in the pool. (granted, the people in the pool are kinda hot)

And now, I dont know what to do. Do i go back to Bobo? Do I wait here in Ouaga? What if I go back to Bobo, only to find out that I have to come back to Ouaga right away. Its a 5 hour bus ride to Bobo. I really dont feel like doing that another 3 times this week.

I have never hated a volcano so much. Who knew you could hate a volcano so far away. Just goes to show how fragile our planet is.

Anyhoo, the clock is ticking. And I am hopping beyond all hope that my brother will be able to fly here soon. S o. f r u s t r a t e d right now. I can't even properly put it into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment