Thursday, July 8, 2010

I knew this day would come.

Yes, I feared this day more than the apocalypse! And I must now face the music, and try to survive. I ran out of good coffee. Now, the concept of good coffee is something that can be left to much debate. My idea of good coffee is a "Large Double-Double!"  Those familiar with this typically Canadian lingo will quickly understand that my favorite coffee came from Tim Horton's.  So, you can imagine the horror I felt this morning when I looked into my empty coffee can to realise that I am stuck drinking the awful Arabic blend that is available at the market for the rest of my stay in Burkina Faso.  They say its the little things from home that you will miss... They are right.

I MISS MY COFFEE DAMN IT!

3 comments:

  1. I'm drinking my double grande nonfat cappuccino and I can't imagine going without it for a day! I really really sympathize with you... don't know how you're going to manage... But you're a survivor, you'll figure something out...

    What was it you used to tell me? Ah yes, too bad, so sad! LOL :p

    Peace Bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabriel,

    My name is Martin and I am writing to you on behalf of a website that I am currently involved in starting up. We aim to provide prospect volunteers with all the information they need in order to feel confident in their choice of organisation, position and destination, as well as inspire people to make the jump and try out volunteering.

    As a part of that, I was wondering whether you might be interested in answering a few questions and perhaps sharing any advice you may have for people who are considering to volunteer.

    If you think you might have time to do this, I'd love to hear from you. You can reach me through info@volunteeringinfo.org, and you can view the website I'm representing at www.volunteeringinfo.org.

    Thanks, and keep up your amazing work!

    Martin Jonsson

    PS - life without coffee isn't easy, you have my sympathy! :)

    ReplyDelete